Chocolate and banana self saucing pudding
Yield 6 serves
This delicious dessert was created by my husband Mike, it is his favourite combo of chocolate and banana.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 180.C fanbake. Grease an ovenproof dish.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa.
- Make a well in the centre and add the milk, egg, melted butter and mashed banana.
- Fold everything together then pour into the dish, spread to the edges.
- Mix the boiling water with brown sugar and cocoa, pour over the batter in the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pudding springs back when lightly touched.
- Serve immediately with ice cream, cream or custard.
- This recipe can be made without the banana if you want a plain chocolate version.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/chocolate-banana-pudding/