Creamy chicken pesto pasta
Yield 4 serves
- 400g fettuccine (14oz)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 smoked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup cream
- 100g cup pesto (3.5oz)
- Parmesan to serve
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the fettuccine. Cook according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan on the stovetop and add olive oil. Turn down to low heat then add the chicken, once it is warmed through add the cream and pesto.
- Stir to combine until sauce is bubbling. Turn off the heat then drop in the cooked fettuccine. Use tongs to cover all of the pasta in sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with plenty of freshly grated parmesan and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
You may need to add some of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce after you add the fettuccine.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/chicken-pesto-pasta/