Homemade cashew pesto
Yield 1 cup of pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to an airtight jar or container and store in the fridge until needed.
- The pesto will last for around 2 weeks in an airtight jar in the fridge
- You can freeze the pesto in small plastic container for up to 1 year.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/cashew-pesto/