Yield 16 pieces
- 175g butter, melted (6oz)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jelly crystals
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fanbake.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Add the egg and mix again.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice. Fold through all of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- To make the icing: Add 2 tablespoons of jelly crystals to a bowl then add the boiling water and whisk together. Add the raspberry jam and whisk again.
- Sift in icing sugar and stir all of the ingredients together to combine.
- Ice the base while still warm then sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of jelly crystals.
- Put slice into the fridge until the icing has set then slice with a large sharp knife. Store in an air tight container in the pantry for up to 4 days.
- My slice tin size is 27 x 18 cm
Cuisine Sweet Treats
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/belgian-slice/