Baked Mexican Meatballs and Rice
Yield 6 serves
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can (400g) corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 20 meatballs (400g)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tub sour cream (125g)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 190°C fanbake.
- In a large ovenproof proof dish, mix together stock, tomatoes and spices.
- Add the corn and rice then stir again.
- Place the meatballs into the dish then cover with a lid or tinfoil.
- Bake for one hour or until the rice is cooked through.
- Scatter over grated mozzarella and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes on fangrill until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve in bowls with sour cream, avocado, tomato and spring onion.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/baked-mexican-meatballs/