Bacon, butternut and feta baked risotto
Yield 6 serves
- ½ butternut squash / pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g bacon rashers, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 25g butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 50g fresh rocket leaves
- 50g feta
- Preheat oven to 180ºC fanbake.
- Peel and cube the butternut then coat in 1 Tbsp olive oil, spread onto a non-stick oven tray and bake for 40 minutes or until golden, turning once during cooking.
- In an ovenproof dish, sauté onion with 1 Tbsp olive oil for a few minutes, add bacon and brown. Add crushed garlic and stir through.
- Add rice and pour stock in slowly while stirring it all together. Cover and put into oven.
- Cook for 35 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and add butter and parmesan. Fold together until butter has melted.
- Scatter over roasted butternut cubes and fresh rocket. Crumble over the feta.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with more freshly grated parmesan.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/bacon-butternut-risotto/